NIGHTMARE TOYS

Monday, January 7, 2019

SYMPHONY OF SYMBOLS INTERVIEW

1. Thanks for your time. Tell us about your band and what you do for your band.
Thank you for your interest in Symphony of Symbols! In '97 we brought the band together with Sanya, the guitarist, one year later came Tomi with bass. We've been pushing the wagon together since then. Frici is still with us who has become an important milestone of the team in two years, throughout singing, organizing and helping with visual things. I am responsible for the rumbles behind the drums, the texts and the visual things.

2. When did you decide you wanted to be in a band? 
My dad played the drums, and had his drum stuffs in my room. I have always been on the bench. In primary school, my parents tried to sign up for piano, but it only worked for two years. :) I always chatted around the drum room in the music hall, I was sniffing. Finally, I did not learn drums at school, but from myself and from the old man. He always took me to the shows and I could put the drum stuff together:) The idea of having a band was in the first class of high school.

3. What is different about being a musician than you imagined?
I don't really remember how I imagined myself. Certainly, watching different concert videos I felt it would be great to experiense this on stage. Nowadays I/we are not pushing it. It is more important to have music on our instruments that we are proud of, and not one that makes it easier to get to certain stages.

4. What gear do you use and why? 
I have a pearl drum. Iron is the least corroded, tams hangers are the most beautiful, and middle-class editors are already good wood. My Cins are Sabian, I like the AAX series, simply because I haven't heard even better. Not all my cins Sabian, little effects are exchanged in small pieces. The pedal is Axis. I wanted to know what it is good for. I tried it and it was very comfortable even at the beginning. Such a pedal is essential for heel support. I use my own E-kit trigger. I have Roland triggers for the tams and snares, but I do not use them, although I always take them, because I might need any time when a club is not well equipped. The modules are Alesis. I wouldn't use a Roland module, I don't want to pay for it. Alesis also works safely.

5. What music do you listen to that would surprise people?
I like the old songs of the Hungarian band called "Másfél". No sings, only drum, guitar, bass, chello, sax. Everybody have a huge range of effects and because of this , very stupid sounds came alive. Nice high music. 

6. How do we find your music and merch to buy?
The Historiocriticism can be ordered from the Metal Scrap, from us or from the Black Terror. Our merch stuffs produced by us, available from us and from facebook. 

7. How did you get a record deal? Or do you want a record deal or are you DIY? 
We got in touch with Anatoliy in the previous album and now we had contract for the new one too. The DIY recording would be enough in our range, but that work what he does we would be able to do while we are working in our workplaces. 

8. What bands do people compare your music to?
Some people compare us with the Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, which is good evaluation, we love these bands. 

9. Are you pro Spotify / streaming services ? Or do you think it hurts sales?
I understand the great bands when they are talking about it. This is that kind of hobby which became their livehood finally. Those people can feel who knows how much money and time it needs really to make the first album from the first ideas. The net is not a bad thing and if it is not works well then it is not the nets fault but the people. People decision to accept it for free or become brave and buy other people intellectual product for money. This is not do wrong with our sale in our level, because our copies sold to the fanatics and we do not have more copies. 

10. What’s the ultimate goal for the band?
To awaken thought with music and texts too. One of the great words of a great Hungarian: "Influence! Create! Enhance!" If we look at the music, our position is, it is a waste of time to write music from crawled templates. Not interested an Emperor's copy, but the Emperor. It has already been played. A musician should go on a road and not just stand on the edge, but develop the style, of course, with the greatest humility. When we look at the text, our main topic is the falsification of history, the reign of the New World Order, and its attachment to world domination. For the sake of domination, libraries are full of false historical revolutions, even though they were not among the chosen, or even the oldest peoples!

11. Will we see you tour?
In our level, it is impossible. We are not nobodies, nobody will give place for us in a tour. We won't pay ourselves into a tour on priciple. Although if once we find ourselves on a tour it fucking depend on our workplace, will we still have work or not, once we come back. :) Sometimes we go out for a weekend, and we organise concerts for both days. This is the reality for us or maybe some small festivals small stage. 

12. Who would you love to tour with?
If we can dream that with Nilel or Necrophagist. :) If we stand in the floor or reality that always had fun with the Age of Agony.

13. What is your favorite song of yours and why?
We've just done the shooting, we cut ourselves, like DIY the clips of The first Nation, the Last Survivor. This is my favourite for now. It might contains 25-30 riffs. :)


14. Why should people take the time to listen to your band over the thousands of other bands?
We are avoiding template in a huge round, but we are committed to death metal. Our music is pointing in the way we imagine how to improve the style without diluting it.

15. What are your favorite music websites labels podcast etc?
We can find every news in Facebook and Twitter, so I am not searching for bands official pages one by one. I usually check drum and lighting technical pages. 

16. Is imagery important to you? Do you judge albums by the cover?
Very important. Not only because of the first impression, but I handle the covers as the visual accessorie of the music. I think it have to be planned till the last detail, it has to be used for add extra infos and telling infos.

17. If you could choose a cover song your band mates would hate what would it be?
There is no such like this. We overrun the first two albums songs, but those were important for us at that time. If we think some of them are not bearable, we are not hate them anyway. Everybody think like this in our side. 

18. Is the record or live show more important?
If we have to choose on of them than I would say the record. The sound have a body there which will remain till the end of humanity. The concert is the part of the joy. I like it anyway, feels good when the people mass in front of the stage to listen what used to be only in your head before. For me the most important period is the writing in the rehersal room, when the result born from several people's work. 

19. Name 3 people dead or alive you would want to play your music for.
Ihsahn, Kollias, Azagthoth.

20. Lemmy Ozzy Dio and Rob Halford in a cage match who wins?
Lemmy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment