NIGHTMARE TOYS

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Monstrath INTERVIEW


1. Please tell us about the about the band and its members.

 Well, first I want to thank Metal Coffee PR for this opportunity!


Let me try to summarize, Monstrath is a project of friends who have played together years ago, Me and Loi, the vocalist, we were talking about metal and we decided to play again, we just called J. Luger for guitar, Ramirez on the other guitar and Niko on Drums, Niko is the youngest of the band, but has the right skills for double bass drums. So this is the best lineup.
We released a single in 2017, "Child of God", Downfall Records, our marketing agency, released the single "Incubus in Church" this month, all from Downfall Records.

2. Who does the majority of the writing? Is it a group thing or does someone handle the writing duties?

The lyrics are part of Loi's task, and he is doing this function very well, his ideas are the result of day-to-day thoughts and visions, and are very similar to that of all the members of the band.

3. Where is the band based out of ? Where did you want to the band to end up? What was the dream city to have as your home base once you got out of your scene?

We are a brazilian band, i live in sao paulo, the biggest city do brasil, the others live inside the state.

I want the band to do a lot of touring around the world. I believe that two good cities to be a base are Berlin and New York. But California also seems to be great, I really enjoyed poland too.


4. What is your genre? What bands do you use to explain to people what you sound like?

We are a Death Metal band, I always listen to several styles. Personally I like Sepultura, Motorhead, Clutch, and many others. But Obituary is the main one.


5. Can we buy anything from you Cd's shirts etc and where can we buy them?

As we will release the album in the next few days, we are still hitting details of the merchandising material, I believe everything will be available on the Downfall Records website.

6. Do you have studio time lined up anything new coming soon?

Yes, the album will be released soon by Downfall Records.

7. Have you ever been on tour? If so where and with who?

I was on a tour with another band, Spectrus, for europe in 2016, Germany, Poland, Belgium and Holland. a small tour.

8. What is your favorite band? Who are the bands who influenced you?

We are severely influenced by Obituary.

9. Do you have a website? And do I have to verify that I am 18 to enter it?

As I said we are updating all material including the site for the album release. I believe that our message can be absorbed by minors of 18, we do not apologize to anything. But if the authorities think otherwise I see no problem in putting a warning.

10. What about your music do you want people to remember? What is the quality you want to hit people when they hit play?

 What people should keep in mind is the message of every song that makes them think. We want people to listen to the songs and think about what can be better.
11. Name a person who is integral to your band that nobody knows about , what person drives your band like they are part of the band? Who is the extra member ?

 Surely this person is Tchelo Martins, our producer.

12. Tell nerds like me tell us about your live rig and equipment.

I use a wonderful Bass Schecter with 5 strings, 1 tone down, connected on my Sansamp Bass Drive, on a hand-crafted Uki # 1 compressor, and finished on the Korg tuner. I really like Stack Galie Krueger

13.What is your musical guilty pleasure that you are ashamed of?

I'd rather not reveal it now, we can sort out a cd for who find out. One tip is that it's a band.

14.If you could custom build a band who would be the members?

Surely it would be Lemmy and the rest.

15.Message to the fans? What is it?

Again, I can only thank everyone and honestly expect them to enjoy it and have  too much fun. Death Metal Order! The world must win!


No comments:

Post a Comment